View From the Duck Pond

Friday, May 26, 2006

Graduation Party Post-Mortem

So, I graduated a week ago with both my Bachelor's and Master's, and last night I had my big graduation party. It was fabulous! At least 50 people were there, all having a good time, talking, eating, dancing, grilling, etc.

People I've known for six years from freshman year, former roommates, underclassmen from EnCouncil, colleagues in the CEC, my boss, people I've only met recently, and people I didn't even know.

And it was awesome. I felt so alive and surrounded by love. Afterwards, Ginny and I cleaned up and then discussed the present and the future.

At that moment, I had no idea where my life was headed but I was still really happy.

Now, I'm full of stress from one short email asking me to come in for a job interview on Tuesday. I researched a bunch of companies back in March and someone from the Career Center passed my resume on to one of the companies I was interested in. Now, almost a month later, they want me to come in for an interview. And, I'm plunged into this crazy swirling mass of acid in my stomach.

Why? Well, because I'm not sure what I'm doing with my life, and this just further underscores the crazy string of characters that seems to be the next chapter of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home